SAM SMITH READY WITH NEW ALBUM ...



Sam Smith has started working on a new album. The ‘Money On My Mind’ hitmaker released his debut album, In the Lonely Hour earlier this year but is already well on the way to completing his second album having already settled on the name and cover art, as well as some of the tracks. He revealed: ‘I’ve already come up with the title, the concept, the artwork, everything. ‘I’m already recording really rough demos on the road.’ The 22-year-old recently received six Grammy Award nominations for his first record, but insists he hasn’t been able to rest because he is always writing songs to express his emotions. He continued: ‘I believe if you’re a creative person you won’t be able to stop creating. I can’t stop writing.’ However, fans of his first album may be disappointed as he has confirmed his sophomore record will follow a different theme from that of unrequited love, after releasing his demons in a new song. He explained: ‘The reason I’m happy is because something clicked about four weeks ago. ‘I wrote a song. It’s about my family and something that happened in my life as a kid which has really scarred me as a person. ‘It was the most honest record I’ve written in my whole life. It’s all just clicked.’ The star added he is also hopeful about working with his pal, Ed Sheeran on his new music, after recently striking up a friendship with the ‘Thinking Out Loud’ singer. He told The Sun newspaper: ‘He’s one person, when we’re talking about celebrities in the industry, who I’d actually count as a friend. Him and Jessie Ware. ‘Ed’s an amazing man. He helps me and gives me advice. I would love to work with him.’... 


No comments: