WIFE: MY HUSBAND WANTED TO USE ME FOR MONEY RITUALS


She agreed to follow me —Husband A 27-year-old woman, Folashade Adebayo, has prayed an  Alakuko Customary Court in Lagos State to dissolve her five-month marriage to her husband, Mathew, whom she accused of being fetish. Folashade, an advert manager in a private company, said, “a month after we got married, my husband forced me to swear that I would not tell anyone that he took me to a herbalist. I was given a black soap from a calabash, while my husband’s soap was in a white container.
Each time I used the soap as instructed, my late mother was always fighting me in my sleep.
“We were told to slaughter a goat at the end of every month. But when my husband couldn’t afford it, I overheard him telling the herbalist that he would prefer a human being to an animal. I told the head of my family because I was tired of seeing my mother fighting me. It was then I was told that my husband wanted to use me for money rituals. We are just incompatible. My husband said if I was no longer interested, I should inform the clerics who joined us to dissolve our marriage. It’s been three months since I left his house. I don’t want to remain in this marriage.”
However, 37-year-old Mathew, who is a transporter, denied the allegation.
 “My wife agreed to follow me; I did not force her. Even when the herbalist wanted to give me the soap, my wife requested for hers. Whenever there was a lull in my business, my wife would threaten to leave the house. My intentions were misconstrued. I pray my mistakes are corrected because I still love my wife,” he said.
 President of the court, Chief Awos Awosola, advised the couple to maintain peace and be law-abiding. He adjourned the case till November 27. 

No comments: