WIFE: HE INFLICTED SICKNESS THAT MADE ME MENSTRUATE FOR ONE YEAR

A housewife, Opeyemi Jimoh, has pleaded with an Osogbo Grade II Customary Court, Osun State, to  dissolve her 17-year-old marriage to her husband, Mudashiru, lamenting that “he inflicted me with sickness that made menstruate for a year.”Opeyemi, who said the marriage was blessed with four children, approached the court to dissolve her marriage because her husband would not give her rest of mind.

“He is always creating problems for me by inflicting me with different sicknesses which make me unhappy. One of such occasions is when I menstruated for a whole year. I left his house in December 2013 and since then, he has stopped caring about me and our children because the children are with me,” she stated.
“I came to court because he came to my house to give the children money for clothes and he met my new husband because I have remarried. He started to fight with my husband; he will not give me peace. He is also married, and that is why I have come to court to separate us so that I can have peace,” she said.
But Mudashiru  was not present in court.
 President of the court, Chief Popoola Bolarinwa, dissolved the marriage on the grounds that the marriage had broken down irretrievably.
According to him, “this marriage has totally broken down. The plaintiff has remarried while the defendant has other wives. The court believes that the only way to stop constant harassment of the plaintiff is to dissolve the marriage. The marriage is hereby dissolved with immediate effect.
“The four children are above the age of six. Under the law, the defendant is awarded the custody of the children”.
The plaintiff was granted right of access to the children. 

No comments: