MY HUSBAND SLEPT WITH MY SISTER

‘Her new husband attacked me with machete
He wants to use me for money rituals, I’m still young and don’t want to die now.”
These were parts of the statements made by Aminat Bello at the Grade ‘C’ Customary Court, Inalende, Ibadan, Oyo State, while instituting a divorce suit against her husband, Abdulraheem Bello.

Thirty-five-year-old Aminat, a resident of Agbowo area of Ibadan, Oyo State capital, told the court  she got married to Abdulraheem 15 years ago and that their marriage was blessed with four children.
Aminat, who is a  tailor,  further told the court that there had never been any misunderstanding  between her and her husband until recently when one of her brothers-in-law, Isiaka, came to live with them
“When Isiaka came, he began to disturb me, begging me to sleep with him and I told him what he was requesting for was an abomination.
“After he had tried all he could  and failed, he began to call me names. When I could no longer take his insults, I reported him to  my husband. But to my surprise, Abdulraheem started quarelling  with me instead of calling his brother to order.
“Isiaka told my husband that he caught me on many occasions having extra-marital affairs with another man. I told my husband to be wary of his brother so that our marriage would not collapse,” she said.
Aminat also told the court that Abdulraheem used to sleep with her younger sister who was living with them.
According to her, she reported  him to one of his friends, but he denied it and told his friend  he sometimes helped her sister to apply ointment on her body.
Aminat further told the court that Abdulraheem  went to perform some rituals at a cemetery along with his friend who is an alfa, and since them, she had not been  sleeping well.
“When I went to a  prayer house, I was told that my husband was responsible for my predicament and that he, wanted to use me for money rituals.
“I’m tired of my husband, please separate us,” she added.
Reacting to the allegations levelled against him, Abdulraheem, who also lives at Agbowo area, agreed  to  the dissolution of their marriage, but told the court his wife was wayward.
He  told the court how Aminat’s new husband injured him with a machete when he accused him of sleeping with his wife.
“Aminat has moved out of my house and  is now  living very close to her new husband. I’m no longer interested in the marriage,” he said.
Having listened to both parties, the court  president, Mr Ramon Olafenwa, observed that there was no more love  between the two.
Olafenwa, in his judgment,  seperated the couple  and gave  Aminat custody of the four children the marriage produced.

No comments: