LIKE SERIOUSLY!!! ....MONEY MAKING VENTURE OR AWARENESS MISSION?


The question the public have on their lips is: ‘Is it right to produce movies on this virus disease? Is it a money- spinning venture or a bid to educate the larger public.
In a bid to find out, Saturday Tribune reached out to ace producer, Tunde Kelani who was actually on set producing an awareness movie on the deadly virus.
Kelani clarified that he was not producing a full-length movie on the disease but was mandated by some Non Governmental Organisations (NGO)’s to produce short flicks in different languages to create public security awareness on the virus. According to Kelani: “ I am not aware that filmmakers are producing movies on Ebola. I am only working on short campaigns on Ebola with some Nollywood actors and actresses.
Left to another film maker, Obi Emelonye, it is madness to take advantage of Nigerians and situations to create movies on Ebola.
‘ Looking at my movie, ‘Last Flight to Abuja’, it was in the making 10 years before it was produced, and was just  co-inicidental with the fatal Dana Airlines, but I really did not make that movie because of the plane crash.”
Emelonye added: ‘Well, Ebola did not start yesterday, It started from the Republic of Congo. Natural disasters happen everyday, but in this case, it is an outbreak that is killing many people. It is not ethical to produce movies to trivialise  issues as deadly as this. There are other movies to do, so why trivialise  Ebola? he asked.
Debunking the rumours that he was trying to produce a movie on Ebola, award-winning producer, Tchidi Chikere said: “I don’t intend to do a movie on Ebola because I don’t have enough facts, I should be teaching people through my movies. I don’t believe in getting movies through catastrophic situations, there are new stories springing up and I don’t intend misleading the public through any catastrophy,’’ Chikere said.

No comments: