MAY D- I DON'T HAVE ANY SONG WITH PSQUARE ON MY NEW ALBUM

May D RTM

In this exclusive interview, May D talks about his upcoming album, European tour and more.

You were the first Nigerian artiste to work with South African Mafikizolo, did u ever feel the song ‘Happiness’ you did with them was going to be this big?

 Basically a lot of hard work was put into it, [so] it didn’t come as a surprise to me.

 What do you think about the MTV Mama Awards? 

 Basically I think they actually came back for me, it is about time for me to get the award.

  Do you think awards like the MAMAs are important for Nigerian Music Industry and Africa in general?

 Yes of course, it is one of the biggest.

 So what are you expecting in general from the award?

  I’m expecting the best and nothing less and that’s because it’s MTV.

 We heard you said there’s no competition in the group, but if you don’t win, how would you feel?

 Like I always say, there’s a competition. I’m on my lane, [but] if I don’t win, it’s still won. 

 When are we getting another album from you? 

Very soon, trust me.I just dropped my first single off my album, so you’ll be getting more singles and more videos from me. 

Does it have a title or release date yet? Not yet.... 


May D and Burna Boy RTM


Do we expect any collaboration anytime soon? 

Unless I stop singing, there will be more collaborations, but I prefer to leave it as a surprise, because if I tell you now, it’s no longer a surprise. 

Are there going to be any collaborations with other African artistes on the album?  

Yes, many of them.

 The likes of you and who?

 The likes of me and so many (Laughs).

 What are you working on?

I’m on a UK tour, and in September I will embark on a European tour. 

 You were once close to Psquare’s camp. Are you collaborating with them on your new album? 

I don’t have any songs with Psquare in my new album.... 



No comments: