REESE WITHERSPOON STUNS AS INSTYLE'S AY COVER GIRL WHILE REVEALING SHE HAS A TEAM OF FRIENDS SHE CALLS THE SOUTHERN MAFIA

Beautiful in blue: Reese Witherspoon looked radiant on the cover of InStyle's May issue, in which she gushed about her best friends, whom she calls: the 'Southern Mafia'
Reese Witherspoon helped launched Pacific Standard Films which seeks to create more movie projects for women. So it's no surprise that the 39-year-old actress takes the female relationships in her life very seriously.In the May issue of InStyle she divulged that she has learned to surround herself with a tight-knit group of like-minded women, whom she lovingly calls the 'Southern Mafia.'

'I learned a few years ago that there are people who don't want good things for you. You've got to get away from them,' she shared.However, now the Oscar winner has found a good group of friends that she can count on, and that can relate to what she is going through in her life. 'Now I surround myself with supportive friends. I have a close group of girlfriends I call my Southern Mafia,' she said. Reese continued: 'One's from Oklahoma, one's from Arkansas, another's from Tennessee. I get a lot out of my relationships with them. 'Parenting, getting through your marriage, getting through your day, these are hard things, and I find solace in the fact that other people struggle with the same stuff I do. We all have concerns about our kids, our marriage, our dreams.'Having that support is also important to Reese because she wants to have good role models in 15-year-old daughter Ava's life.
'I grew up seeing incredibly strong women like Holly Hunter, Sigourney Weaver and Debra Winger,' Reese said. 'I want to ensure that my 15-year-old daughter, Ava, grows up seeing those types of strong women playing complicated parts.' And with her latest film, it's possible Reese has added a close pal to her network with co-star Sofia Vergara. 'As soon as I met Sofia, I said, "I want to make a movie with you." I think she's the next Lucille Ball,' the blonde beauty gushed.We represent two completely different cultures and kinds of women, but we just love each other. We laughed so much. I couldn't understand what she was saying half the time,' she shared.
'She couldn't understand what I was saying half the time. But we both love cake, clothes, kids and our families.' However, Reese is quite the role model herself, as her film company, Pacific Standard Films - which released the successful Gone Girl and Oscar-nominated Wild - recently acquired a new project: Luckiest Girl Alive. Deadline reported that Lionsgate had acquired the rights to the novel by Jessica Knoll, with Reese and partner Bruna Papandrea producing.






No comments: