GETTING OLDER IS NOT THAT BAD! CHARLIE THERON TELLS WOMEN TO CHILL OUT ABOUT AGEING

Charlize Theron [W Magazine]
She is stunning and sizzling hot - not just for her age but for any age – and it’s always so nice to hear a female mega star waving the flag for women the world over, especially when she's as brilliant as Charlize Theron so obviously is. While posing for a steamy photoshoot for W Magazine Charlize, 39, is insisting we need to celebrate women of every age, Amen to that we say!


CT says that having her son Jackson, three, changed her mind about what it means to be a woman: ‘I think, like many women, I was judgmental toward women as they aged,’ Charlize confesses. ‘Women, in our society, are compartmentalized so that we start to feel like we’re cut flowers and after a while we will wilt. I realise now that’s not the case - we can celebrate every age.

‘That’s my encouragement to 20 year olds who are terrified of getting older: "Don’t have a nervous breakdown and don’t hit the Chardonnay too hard. Getting older is not that bad." ' Hallelujah.
The South Africa-born star is a far cry from being a plastic fantastic Hollywood star relying heavily on her looks and is known for taking on difficult roles radically overhauling her classic good looks in order to suit the part.  She shaved off her eyebrows, wore prosthetic teeth and gained 30lbs to play serial killer Aileen Wuornos for Monster in 2003 for which she deservedly won an Academy Award.

And she's just shaved her head for her forthcoming role in Mad Max -  and that even though she is the face of Christian Dior! All hail Charlize..we bow down.

Asked what advice she would give to her younger self, Charlize had yet more words of wisdom when she said she would tell her to ‘calm down’ and give FOMO the big heave ho.

‘Now that I’m older, I know I’m not missing out on anything', she says. ‘Now, I go home, and that feels really good. When I hit 30, I realised I didn’t have to please everybody. I could actually enjoy life, which is not a bad thing at all.’
Charlize also says that choosing to be a mother in her 30s has ‘been really great for me, it’s given me perspective’.
As well as the gems of advice Charlize also revealed she had a crush on Tom Hanks when she was little after seeing him in the '80s comedy Turner and Hooch.

We’ve all been there lusting after Hanks Charlize, though in our case the film BIG might have been the culprit..

No comments: