I COOKED FOR HER FOR MANY YEARS BECAUSE I LOVED HER —HUSBAND


He didn’t want our daughter to attend boarding school —Wife. A lawyer, Mrs Florence Adeoye, has pleaded with an Ojo Customary Court in Lagos State to dissolve her 20-year-old marriage over threats to her life. Forty eight-year-old Florence told the court that her husband, Nelson Adeoye, no longer cared for her and her two daughters, aged 11 and nine.
“The trouble is too much. My husband refused to allow my second daughter to go to the boarding school she got admission into under the pretext of ill-health.
“My daughter should have been a student in a model school now but my husband is too selfish, he wants to keep the children closer to himself and because I refused, he did not pay her fees,” she said. She told the court that the frequent beatings from her husband led her to pack out from the his house to her own house.
“I don’t want the marriage anymore, he should just take care of my children; we cannot live together again, the love is no more there,” she said.
 Nelson, a teacher with the Lagos State Ministry of Education, however, described his wife’s claims as false, saying that she had some hidden agenda for packing out of his house.
“She wanted to divorce me after she had used me as a ladder to climb to her present status and to abandon me after she has achieved her aim,” he said.
He said that he had to be cooking for her for some years to further express his love for her.
“I am also fed up with the marriage, the court should go ahead to dissolve it.
“She has caused me so much pains through her violent behaviour. She has even built a house for herself, yet I married her without nothing,” he said.
“The girl she said I did not allow to go to the boarding house in a secondary school is below the prescribed age.
“She is just nine years old and she needs to complete her primary six before gaining admission into the secondary school,” he said.
 President of the court, Mr Hakeem Oyekan, however, pleaded with the woman to allow the young girl to complete her primary six before going to  secondary school.
Oyekan advised the couple to return home and make efforts to settle their problem. He, therefore, adjourned the case to December 16 for further hearing. 

No comments: