TERI HATCHER GIVES SPEECH AT UNITED NATIONS ABOUT BEING SEXUALLY ABUSED AT 7

Teri Hatcher Gives Speech At United Nations About Being Sexually Abused At 7
Actress Teri Hatcher has opened up about being sexually abused at the age of 7 by her uncle, Richard Hayes Stone.The Desperate Housewives star spoke about the incident at the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, organised by the United Nations. “I was convinced it was my fault and I blamed myself for what had happened, so I didn’t tell anyone and I was silent,” Hatcher, 49, said. “I did however, unsurprisingly, start to act out and my mother decided to
keep me away from my uncle. I didn’t see him anymore, but no one in my family ever asked exactly what happened. We remained silent.” After he stopped abused her, Stone continued to harass other girls, with one of his victims eventually committing suicide. When Hatcher heard about it, she reached out to the DA, who helped convict Stone. Following her speech, Hatcher received a standing ovation from the other members of the panel, which included First Lady of New York City Chirlane McCray and Executive Director of UN Woman Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka



No comments: