EVERYDAY FOR THE THIEF!.....POLICE NAB SERIAL CAR ROBBER IN LAGOS

 
A serial car thief, Alhaji Kabiru Akorede, has been arrested by men of the Lagos State Police Command. Akorede according to reports is an alleged member of a notorious eight-man robbery gang, who had robbed one Mr. Albert Omisoregone of his Toyota Prado Jeep with plate number AAA, 690 BH at Victoria Island, Lagos on Friday, September 12. The stolen car was delivered to a Moses Ogbu
, who is also a member of the gang, who in turn gave it to Akorede to sell. Nemesis caught with the gang as they were arrested by the police who later trailed Akorede. The Kwara State born thief was nabbed by operatives of the special Anti-Robbery Squad at his residence at NEPA Quarters, Isashi, Lagos.
According to the police, Akorede had been arrested earlier in the year and was still standing trial before an Ikeja Magistrate’s Court when he went back into crime. The police added that Akorede was arrested at the point of re-fixing the fittings of a stolen vehicle.
The suspect has also admitted to the crime and told punch that he can’t recall the number of cars he has stolen since he went into the crime.
“I was working as a building engineer until 2013. I started receiving stolen cars last year. It was a friend, one Dada, who introduced me to the gang. Since I started with them, I used to sell the stolen vehicles along the Ile Zik area in Lagos. I cannot recall the number of the vehicles I collected, but they may not be less than 20. There were about three Toyota Highlander which I sold for N1.2m each. I also got four Toyota Camry, which I sold for N600,000 each,” the married father of two said.
The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Kenneth Nwosu, confirming the arrest, said the suspects would be charged to court.

No comments: