DESMOND ELLIOT: POLITICS HAS ALWAYS BEEN A PART OF ME

Desmond Elliot
Nollywood actor, and politician, Desmond Elliot has revealed the reasons why he ventured into politics. Speaking with Vanguard in a recent interview, when asked why he suddenly went into politics, the popular actor refuted claims he suddenly went into politics, saying he has been involved in the political game for a long-time.
‘I didn’t suddenly go into politics; politics has always been a part of me. I’ve been involved in campaigns for some Governors and even the President. I’ve been on the campaign trail for very long time now. Even though I have never sought any elective office before I have always had it at back of my mind as something I would do one day. It is not a surprise at all, it’s a well-thought out action and I came very prepared. I didn’t just sleep one day and say okay, it’s time to go into politics.’  The actor also spoke about a number of things he would be bringing about if elected to the Lagos State House of Assembly.  ‘A Lot; first, I’m young, dynamic, very vibrant and fast thinking. I’ve had lots of links with corporate bodies, private bodies and nonprofit organisations. Through me I know a lot can be achieved because of my articulated experience. Just wait and see me in action.’ Desmond Elliot who was welcomed on Monday, September 29, 2014, by the All Progressives Congress (APC), will be contesting for the Lagos State House of Assembly in the  2015 elections to representing Surulere Constituency 1.... 

NET

No comments: