DEMI LOVATO ON BEING A ROLE MODEL:' I HAD TO EMBRACE IT RATHER THAN RESENT IT'

Demi Lovato said she initially strugged with being a role model, but learned how  to ‘embrace it rather than resent it.’
FOLLOW  2DUNSPREAD ON INSTAGRAM, TWITTER AND FACEBOOK

Demi Lovato has not only accepted that she’s a role model, she’s fully embraced it.The pop star graces the cover of the “Millions” issue of Fault magazine, which features her showing off some edgy looks in a photo shoot styled by Avo Yermagyan. In the magazine article, she is described as “one of the most influential popular culture figures in the world today,” in part due to having more than 60 million followers on Facebook and Twitter. Despite
her a devoted fanbase, Lovato admitted she didn’t always like being elevated to role model status. “I use(d) to get frustrated that just because I wanted to sing, I was automatically expected to be a role model,” the 22-year-old said. “But I had to grow up and realize that no matter what I do, I’m going to be somebody’s role model.”
Demi Lovato has more than 60 million followers on social media.It’s true what they say: ‘With great power comes great responsibility.’ And everybody’s career is different but for me, I had to grow up and embrace it rather than resent it.” To that end, the former Disney star has been very open about her personal issues, including past struggles with substance abuse and living with bipolar disorder. She has also dedicated her time to philanthropic causes and campaigns promoting anti-bullying and mental health awareness, which Lovato said was a direct result of “my relationship with my fans.”“I really like being there for them in that way,” the singer said. “I pride myself in being a role model but I’m not perfect – I curse like a sailor and I sometimes make mistakes. “But at the same time I want to be what I know my little sister and that younger generation needs.”The “Millions” issue of Fault Magazine hits newsstands Sept. 29.



No comments: