GEORGE KAY GRATEFUL KERRY KATONA HAS STUCK BY HIM IN THE WAKE OF HIS DRUGS AND ALCOHOL FUELLED MELT-DOWN

'I nearly lost him': The couple are brutally honest about their feelings in this month's OK! magazine
They've been putting on a united front since George Kay's bizarre public rant last month.
But the former rugby player has now confessed he's devastated and 'embarrassed' at having put his fiancée Kerry Katona through hell after going on a public rampage while he was high on a mix of steroids, sleeping pills and alcohol.


George - who suffered the equivalent of three minor heart attacks - was arrested and detained under the Mental Health Act when police received a call from a terrified female motorist who spotted the 34-year-old star ‘running in and out of cars’ and behaving in a very agitated manner outside the couple's home in Chinor, Oxon.
Deep regret: George Kay is embarrassed he inflicted such stress on his partner Kerry Katona
Opening up about the ordeal, he exclusively told the new issue of OK! magazine: 'I'm heartbroken I've put Kerry through this. I've suffered the equivalent of three heart attacks. 
The brain is so delicate and the doctors said it was a chemical imbalance.' 
The first-time dad, who welcomed baby Dylan-Jorge Rose with Kerry back in April, now faces blood tests, an ECG and a chest X-ray to discover the full extent of the damage.


Bulking up: George became obsessed with his fitness in the run-up to his wedding and blames the pressure of the celebrity lifestyle


George insists he has no memories of the terrifying incident and blames turning to steroids in a bid to bulk up ahead of the couple's September nuptials for his behaviour.
He added: 'I had no feeling of madness or that I was going to cause absolute uproar and rampage down the street.
'I also felt like I was being watched, then the next thing I knew I was in the ambulance ... The shock of what happened is the biggest incentive not to take them. I’m embarrassed for my family.'
Kerry told the magazine: 'George’s meltdown terrified me. I hate him a bit for putting me through it.'
Reassured by the muscleman that the situation will never happen again, she continued: 'It’s put huge pressure on his heart and I nearly lost him.'
While she had no idea about his steroid abuse, Kerry told the publication that she felt partly to blame due to the pressure she put him under to be in the best shape.


'I still love him and I can't wait to be his wife': Kerry and George are now focused on their upcoming wedding


Out now: Read the couple's full interview in this week's edition of OK!

She confessed: 'I made George lose weight and go to the gym. He’s lost five stone since we first met.
'I said "You’re too big, you can’t keep wearing these massive T-Shirts!" So maybe I’m to blame, but I love him no matter what.'
Looking towards the future, the former reality television star revealed that her energy is now focused completely on their upcoming nuptials.
Katona expressed: 'He’s been an idiot but I still love him and can’t wait to be his wife.' 
She continued: 'I can’t reassure him any more than I already have, he knows I think he’s gorgeous whatever size he is.' 
And proving that the worst is well and truly behind them, Kerry and George were recently seen out enjoying a shopping spree at Cheshire Oaks retail park in the North West.
Joined by their four-month-old daughter the pair were seen putting on an amorously display as they journeyed from store to store. 

To read Kerry and George's interview pick up a copy of this week's OK! Magazine - out now.


No comments: